Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Guy/Rambling late at night

Well the little man is up late tonight, having some difficulty with the shots. He has a little bit of a fever that Tylenol is taking care of. He does not really want to be held so he is alternating between the swing and bouncy seat (thanks Grandma Korenak).
This makes me very concerned for the upcoming post-surgery. If he has trouble with four shots, how bad is it going to be with his sternum split in two?
I was unable to make it to the last cardiologist appointment and was very surprised that they moved the probable surgery date up so soon. Oct.-Nov. seems like a year away, but Mid to late September is very very soon. I honestly don't know how we are going to get through that day. We may have to have a mass sedating of everyone.
Anyway, here is my take on Zane's first two months. Audra has taken care of most everything, but from my point of view I am amazed how much he changes everyday. He seems so good at holding his head up, just a few weeks ago, he could only do it for seconds at a time. (I think he may have fallen asleep, cross your fingers.) He also recognizes me, which is amazing. He is usually crabby and needing to go to sleep, but he still smiles and laughs when he sees me (most of the time.) We have invented a game where he lays in my lap and I put my thumbs over his face and he works on trying to grab them. We have played this a few times and he is getting better each time. He likes to have his nose and cheeks tickled.
I love the weekend mornings. I get up with him when he wakes up at 5ish and make some coffee and breakfast (for both of us.) We sit on the chair and drink and eat and if it is early enough we watch the sun rise. Zane snoozes and I can look at him be peaceful, enjoy my coffee and let Mommy sleep in a bit.
I am ready to get this surgery over with and get him recovered. I am tired of constantly tamping my happiness by thinking of this difficulty ahead. (He made a noise, but still asleep, I think.)
We appreciate the prayers and words of encouragement. I am getting tired (Plyometrics was tonight) so I am going to try and lay him down.

2 comments:

  1. Zane is so blessed to have you for his dad. I am happy for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need my help to get thru the surgery day, I'll take a sick day and be there...and by the way, 5 a.m. was always my favorite time with my babies, too :-)

    ReplyDelete