Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to the weight loss journey

Back in April/May I began a diet/exercise program from Men's Health called 'Belly-Off 2010'. I also added in 'Three Weeks to a 30 min. Running Habit'. I had some pretty good results, losing about 15 lbs. Well then I took a trip to see my brother Adam and the wheels fell off. I kept up a bit of the running, then Zane joined the party and the diet and exercise completely stopped (understandably, I hope.) Well now that Zane has begun at least a bit of a schedule, in that he is typically asleep by 8:30, I have started a new program P90X (I dont want to miss any time with little man, so I will only work out after he goes to sleep). This has both a diet portion and an extreme exercise portion. I purchased a pull up bar and some resistance weight bands to use. The exercise is on average one hour per day, six days per week.

I had my first work out yesterday, Chest-Back and Ab Ripper X. This was the hardest workout I have had since sophomore year in HS when Chad Allen made us do so many pushups that I could not lift my arms for days. This evening was Plyometrics, lots of jumping around, I had to crawl upstairs. I am not quite able to do everything for the entire time of the DVD, but I will get there.

I know I am going to be challenged by this and I struggle with motivation. But I will keep with it, because I feel so much better the next day. It is amazing how much more energy you have the day after a workout, especially a cardio workout like Plyometrics. I plan on keeping a fair log here.

No comments:

Post a Comment