Monday, July 12, 2010

On Zane looking like me

Though I could not love my family any more, being adopted is part of my identity. Part of this identity, and kind of a running joke is that I look absolutely nothing like my parents or family. In fact, some say I look more like Audra than any one else.

I always though how weird it was that Trina's kids look like her, since she is in the same boat I am. When Audra and I found out that we were pregnant with Zane, I had a not so secret panic attack that he would resemble me. I know that it is irrational, but I have never met anyone who looked like me, and thought it would be odd.

Well it turns out that he actually looks exactly like me, with the addition of Audra's adorable chin. He has my eyes, nose, mouth and cheeks. He even has my feet with the big gap between my big and second toes. I had thought that this would be strange and creepy, I could not have been any more wrong. I really do love that he looks like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment